How Do the Most-Subscribed YouTube Channels Achieve Success?
What makes them successful? Create great content! But also, they…
– Edit their videos down to 4 minutes 19 seconds.
– Upload 1.25 videos per week.
– Speak at a rate of 150 words / minute.
– Edit at a rate of 9 cuts / minute.
– Type 56.6 words in the video description.
– Post on their Facebook pages at the rate of 0.7 posts/day and tweet at the rate of 2.93 tweets/day.
85% of them operate on a shoestring budget. 58% of their videos didn’t have intros (bumpers) and 86% didn’t have credits. 68% of their videos end with interactive buttons which direct their audience to their other videos.
A group of undergraduate students in the Internet and Mobile Media Concentration at Columbia College in Chicago explored best practices in using the YouTube platform by studying the approaches taken by its most successful users. The study focused on analyzing YouTube channels that succeeded in growing largest recurring audiences (240 most subscribed).